ECOWAS Immersion Internship Program For African Graduates – The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is happy to announce the commencement of the ECOWAS Immersion Internship Program, which will provide young graduates with professional experience in ECOWAS institutions.
The program seeks to aid young graduates’ professional integration by providing them with the chance to learn
more about ECOWAS initiatives while also allowing interns to participate to the efficient implementation of the programs.
About Economic Community of West
African States (ECOWAS)
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), also known as (CEDEAO in French), is a regional political and economic union of fifteen countries
located in West Africa. Collectively, these countries comprise an area of 5,114,162 km2 (1,974,589 sq mi), and in 2015 had an estimated population of over 349 million.
Considered one of the pillar regional blocs of the continent-wide African Economic Community (AEC), the stated goal of ECOWAS is to achieve “collective self-sufficiency” for its member states by creating a single large trade bloc by building a full economic and trading union.
The ECOWAS also serves as a peace keeping force in the region, with member states occasionally sending joint military forces to intervene in the bloc’s member countries at times of political instability and unrest
Benefits of ECOWAS Immersion Internship Program
The program aims to contribute to the professional integration of young graduates, by offering them the opportunity to get to know ECOWAS programs better, at the same time for the interns to offer their contributions for efficient program implementation.
To be considered for the ECOWAS Immersion Internship 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be young graduates from the ECOWAS Member States.
- Applicants must be aged 32 years or less.
- Must hold a Certificate, at the Bachelor (BSc), Master, or PhD or equivalent certificate.
- Be available full time through out the duration of the program.
Documents Required For Application
- A request to the ECOWAS Commissioner in charge of Human Development and Social Affairs which describes the motivation of the candidate with expression of his centers of interest, the choice of the
profile requested, the desired location of the immersion, as well as the candidate’s commitment to respect the terms and conditions of the program;
A Curriculum vitae (pdf);
- A Curriculum vitae (pdf);
- A copy of a national identity card or passport (ID) (pdf or jpeg);
- A copy of the academic certificates or its equivalent (pdf).
N/B: An immersion candidate is allowed to apply in maximum of 2 positions.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on http://ecowas.int/nwp_events/immersion-program-of-young-graduates-in-ecowas-institutions-2024/ to apply