FATE Foundation Farmers Free Grant N10 million – The Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant is an Agricultural Entrepreneurship grant designed to support young people with viable Agri-Business with equity-free capital and other associated support they may require to scale their businesses.
The project is an initiative developed and sponsored by the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in partnership with NYSC and implemented by FATE Foundation. It is targeted at currently serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members as part of BATNF’s drive to encourage and support the youth in sustainable agriculture.
About FATE Foundation
Our goal is to enable aspiring and emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs start, grow and scale their businesses while also facilitating the development of an enabling business environment and thriving ecosystem. In 2000, we were founded by Mr. Fola Adeola to harness the strong entrepreneurial culture of Nigerians by providing the business incubation, growth and accelerator support required to fully explore their innovative potential.
Benefits of FATE Foundation Farmers for the Future Program
- Make agribusiness attractive
- Reduce youth unemployment
- Drive youth engagement in Agriculture.
- Youth Development
- Train and Empower youth in agro-practices Benefits
Access to Finance:
- The top 6 finalists will win an equity-free grant of NGN 10 million (?3m for the first Prize, ? 2m for 2nd Prize, and ? 1m for 3rd Prize)
- Linkage to financial institutions and investors for follow-on financing and/or credit facilities
- Winners will get technical support to establish their
Training & Capacity Building:
- Participation in an intensive “Think-through your business” boot camp
- Mentorship under seasoned entrepreneurs and Agric Experts
- Membership of the F4F alumni network Participation in other partner-drive training programs
- Support with business registration & other legal & regulatory requirements
- Open to all active serving Corp Members, with at most 3 months remaining to the completion of their service year.
- Specifically, Corp Members of Batch 22C and 23A
- Businesses of all stages are welcome to apply.
- Whether they are at the idea stage prototype/testing stage or even Post-revenue stage
Interview Date, Process and Venue
We will assess and score your application based on the severity of problem your business is solving, proof of customer demand, practicality and uniqueness of your solution, viability of your target market and potential for scalability, Impact of the solution, impact potential of the solution, execution capacity of the entrepreneur and team composition.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to FATE Foundation on f4f.wealthishere.org to apply
Stages of Competition
- Submit Your Application: The online application portal will be available for you to send in your applications
- Virtual Bootcamp: 20 Selected businesses will go through a rigorous virtual bootcamp where they will refine their business thesis and build a compelling pitch.
- Pitch Event & Award: The top 10 businesses from the bootcamp will pitch before a panel of expert judges and investors. 3 winners will be selected.
- Mentorship: The 3 Winners will be given financing to execute, strengthen, advance and scale their businesses under the guidance of seasoned mentors. They will also be connected to the relevant networks they require to make progress.
- Join The Farmers For The Future Alumni: Continue to enjoy exclusive access to expert mentorship, insider opportunities and a robust support network that will open doors to follow on financing, new markets, etc.
For more details, visit FATE Foundation website on https://f4f.wealthishere.org/