SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge 2023 Calling Agribusiness Entrepreneurs for Impactful Change!
Embark on a journey with the SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge: NutriPitch 2023, where innovation meets nutrition. Do you have an agribusiness venture that could revolutionize the way nutritious food is accessed in Nigeria ? This challenge, in partnership with FATE Foundation, seeks entrepreneurs eager to create impact through unique business models. It’s not just about profit; it’s about fostering healthier diets and reaching low -income consumers. Are you prepared to make a difference ?
The SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge: NutriPitch 2023 opens a groundbreaking avenue for agribusiness innovators in Nigeria. This initiative, spearheaded by the Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) in collaboration with FATE Foundation, aims to revolutionize the landscape of nutritious food accessibility in Nigeria. FATE Foundation, a pioneering enterprise support organisation with over two decades of experience, brings its expertise to this vital project. As part of a substantial program grant of EUR 80 million targeting six African countries, this Business Model Research project in Nigeria stands out for its ambitious goals.
- Challenge Name: SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge: NutriPitch 2023
- Partnership: Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network & FATE Foundation
- Focus: Area Nutritious Food Accessibility
- Thematic Focus: Innovative Marketing,
Tech in Nutrition, Reaching Low-Income Consumers
- Benefits: Bootcamp, Mentorship, Workshops, N10,000,000 Prize Pool
- Eligibility: Criteria Nigerian Entrepreneurs, Aged 25-50, Agribusiness Focus
- Participant Requirement: Full-Time Commitment, Registered Venture, Team of 3+
- Deadline: December 3, 2023
The Challenge’s Core Objective
Addressing Nutritional Needs Profitably
The heart of this challenge is to unearth business models that not only make nutritious food accessible to low-income consumers but also ensure profitability. It’s about striking a balance between affordability for the consumer and sustainable value capture for businesses. In addition, participants will receive technical assistance to bolster their capacity in developing innovative business models that enhance access to nutritious foods.
Broad Spectrum of Innovative Solutions
The challenge is open to a variety of
approaches, all aimed at improving access to nutritious food while ensuring business viability.
- Reaching Lower-Income Consumers : Business models designed to enhance
access to nutritious foods for the low-
- Disruptive Technological Innovation: Use of innovative technologies in the production and processing of nutritious foods, balancing accessibility and affordability.
- Innovative Marketing Campaigns : Marketing strategies that increase awareness and acceptance of nutritious foods.
Comprehensive Support and Rewards
Participants can expect a range of benefits, including:
- One Week Pitch Readiness Bootcamp
- GAP Advisory Sessions
- Growth Plan Development
- Pitch Competition
- CEO Fireside Chat
- Workshops and Master class Sessions
- 4 Months Mentorship Community
- Access to Alumni Community Post-graduation
- A prize pool of N10,000,000 Naira shared among Pitch Competition winners
Who Can Apply?
- Prospective applicants must: Be Nigerian citizens (male or female), aged 25 to 50 as of January 2024.
- Hold a leadership position (Founder, Owner, Manager, or CEO) in a growth-stage agribusiness venture.
- Focus their agribusiness on Nutrition and Innovation.
- Employ at least three full-time skilled managerial staff.
- Have their venture registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and operational with income generation.
- Commit full-time to the boot camp and all program activities.
How to Apply?
Applications are open until 11:59 pm WAT on Sunday, December 3, 2023. There are no fees for application or participation. To apply, visit the application link.
The SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge: NutriPitch 2023 is a unique opportunity for Nigerian agribusiness leaders to propel their ventures forward while contributing significantly to the nutritional well-being of their communities.
For more details, visit SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge.